Acceptable Package Items
The following items will be accepted in “original package material-unopened”:
- Bar Soap- must be in the box unopened
- Deodorant- must be in the package unopened and must be clear (see through). The actual deodorant must be clear, not necessarily the container.
- Unopened box toothpaste
- Combs/Brushes-Men are permitted a small non-pointed comb and women are permitted a small soft bristle brush
- Pencils will be accepted must be in the package unopened
The following items will be accepted in after a complete inspection of the items:
- Reading Material-Prohibited books Porno, hate magazines, any thing that would be considered inflammatory in nature)
- Under clothing- Limited to three pairs of under clothing only (one pair consist of socks, t-shirt-underwear/panties, bra).The under clothing will be white only. Ensure the name is written or stenciled on the inside of the shirt with a magic marker.
- Only self-stamped envelopes will be accepted.
The following items will be accepted in after a complete inspection of the items and approval of the Support Commander:
- Shampoo and Crème Rinse- must be in the package unopened and must be clear (see through)
The following items are prohibited and will be thrown away after inspection of package:
- Tooth brushes-inmates will only use the issued tooth brush
- Porno, hate magazines, any thing that would be considered inflammatory in nature.
- Food or Drinks
- Pens will not be permitted
THIS LIST IS NOT CONCLUSIVE-IF IN THE EVENT A DETENTION OFFICER FEELS FOR THE SAFETY OF AN INMATE AND THE SECURITY OF THE JAIL, THE DETENTION OFFICER MAY REJECT AN ITEM THAT IS NOT LISTED OR IF THERE IS QUESTIONS TO WHETHER THE ITEM HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH.
All clothing and personal items left after the release of an inmate will be held 30 days. After this time, the property will be destroyed.