The City of Natchez entered into a contract on the 10th day of January, 1997, with the Housing Authority of the City of Natchez to provide for additional police services to create a drug-and crime-free environment and to provide for the safety and protection of the residents in its public housing developments located at Maryland Heights Subdivision, Ram Circle Subdivision, Williams Apartments and the scattered site Elderly Units. Thus creating the Housing Authority Officers
The assigned police personnel are in addition to baseline police services. The police department did not reduce its current level of police services to the public housing developments, particularly in the areas of community policing, patrol, criminal investigations, community crime prevention educational programs and seminars, records, dispatch and special operations.
There is no current contact at this time with the Natchez Housing Authority
Enforcement of Rules and Regulations
The housing authority officers are empowered to enforce the following Authority rules and regulations:
- Unauthorized visitors in unoccupied structures of the Authority shall be removed.
- Unauthorized visitors creating disturbance or otherwise interfering with the peaceful enjoyment of lessees on Authority property shall be removed.
- Unauthorized visitors destroying, defacing or removing Authority property shall be removed and/or criminal enforcement actions shall be taken.
- With regard to the foregoing rules and regulations, the City's police officers are hereby authorized to give criminal trespass warnings to any person found in violation of said rules or regulations, i.e.; to give notice to any violators that their entry on the property or premises is forbidden, and to arrest or cause the arrest and prosecution of any violators, when appropriate.
- The City, through its police officers, is hereby empowered to enforce the following rule or regulation:
- The tenant and any visitors to the Authority property shall refrain from, and shall cause their households to refrain from parking vehicles in any area other than parking areas designated by Authority management.
- With regard to the foregoing rule or regulation, the City's police officers are hereby authorized to have removed any and all vehicles found parked in violation of said rule
- The City, through its police officers, is hereby empowered to enforce such additional Authority rules and regulations and perform such other duties as shall be specified in any addenda attached hereto or incorporated herein now or in the future.